Importance of having your house market ready and priced right

When I go to a listing appointment I am always ready for the best of times and the worst of times. I have been lucky to have my last few listings staged perfectly, clean and sellers that are ready and willing to listen.
The first thing you want to do when getting a house market ready is listen to your Realtor. We know the market and what is selling so if you are unwilling to move from a high price or unwilling to do some freshening up, you shouldn't be putting your house on the market.
I put a lot of time and money into my listings so I expect that you do the same. I always ask for a clean house, pets put away (I know Fido is the nicest dog when you are around but when faced with strangers entering their house, they are not the same dog), smells eliminated (cooking smells are almost as bad as smoke or pet smells), and all evidence of you...Gone!
Pricing is so important when putting your house on the market. If you price too high, you will lose up to 35% of the market because they will miss it on their initial search and even when you drop the price 3 months later, the buyer will either be gone or wonder what is wrong with your house.
Fixing up your house and doing little things like touch up paint, changing out fixtures, carpet and grout cleaning, adding plants and light scented candles, keeping the grass and shrubs cut and neat, make all the difference in setting your house apart from the competition. To go above and beyond, hire someone to stage the house. You can use your furniture or rent theirs but they are worth every penny!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Showing the Shitter

Showing the Shitter Part II

Showing the Million Dollar Shitter